Institutional Membership is specially designed for schools and institutions that would like to fuel the creative process by taking advantage of the PRC’s wide range of unique offerings. Since 1975, the Photographic Resource Center has served as a vital forum for the exploration and interpretation of new work, ideas, and methods in photography and related media. The PRC has given students the opportunity to enjoy the world’s most celebrated artsits, scholars, critics, and curators through lectures, exhibitions, workshops, and publications.
Institutional Membership Benefits:
- Participation in the annual PRC Student Exhibition
- Free admission for students to PRC lectures
- Eligibility to submit work to EXPOSURE, the PRC members’ annual juried exhibition (must pay entrance fee)
- Eligibility to show work at PRC Nights (students, faculty and staff)
- One free portfolio review per year for students who have developed a body of work
- Discounted membership fee for recent alumni (within 6 months of graduation)
- Reciprocal benefits through Connections Network for 25 photo organizations in the US
- Free Individual Membership for faculty and staff
$600 for institutions within 40 miles of Boston
$400 for institutions more than 40 miles from Boston
With this membership, students, have free, unlimited access to the Photographic Resource Center’s gallery and events. Your students will be eligible to participate in the juried PRC Member’s Exhibition as well as the annual PRC Student Exhibition, a highly anticipated showcase of photography from students at member institutions. Note: Faculty and staff of Institutional Members receive Individual Member benefits for free, except admission to events.
Or if you prefer, download the Institutional Membership form here.
Please mail your completed membership form and payment (check payable to the Photographic Resource Center) to:
Photographic Resource Center
411A Highland Ave. #317
Somerville, MA 02144
For further information, please contact us at 617-975-0600 or email@example.com.
2017 Institutional Members include:
Fitchburg State University
Lesley University College of Art and Design
Massachusetts College of Art + Design
Mount Ida College School of Design
New England School of Photography
School of the Museum of Fine Arts
University of Massachusetts, Lowell
University of New Hampshire