Open Position: Director of Development (Part Time)
As part of a comprehensive strategic plan, the Director of Development will play a unique role as a key fundraiser for the PRC, responsible for expanding and diversifying the PRC’s funder base and fundraising activities and programs.
The position requires the ability to develop and implement a strategic development plan. The Director of Development will have the support of the Development Committee to provide direction and suggest resources.
A. Develop a Comprehensive Fundraising Plan:
- Initially, interview the Board and Development Committee to acquire knowledge of past fundraising activities/results; acquire additional institutional knowledge, especially as it relates to identifying where PRC fits into the New England photographic community; and solicit fundraising ideas including possible sponsors, partners, businesses, notable New England photographers, educational institutions, etc.
- Assess PRC’s donor/fundraising data base and make recommendations as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Development Committee to develop overall fundraising strategy and short- and long-term fundraising goals.
- Create a twelve-month fundraising plan including member campaigns, annual appeal, foundation and business solicitations, and grant candidates.
B. Execute Fundraising Plan to meet fundraising goals
- Establish solicitation priorities, manage prospect lists and research, and develop and execute cultivation and solicitation activities.
- Build donor relationships including individuals, foundations, governmental entities, educational institutions, businesses, and the key photographic leaders in New England.
- Seek information and advice from PRC’s Board of Directors to leverage their professional photography experience/career to augment the fundraising strategy
- Stay on top of fundraising trends and maintain knowledge of similar nonprofit organizations’ fundraising activities
C. Perform related administrative tasks
- Communicate regularly with donors, sponsors, and the Board; respond to internal and external inquiries in a timely manner.
- Create solicitation materials in conjunction with the Communications Committee
- Train the Board and Development Committee to utilize these tools to achieve maximum results.
- At least five years fundraising/development experience in the nonprofit arena with proven leadership and strategic and tactical accomplishments especially in a small nonprofit.
- Ability to represent the PRC; Appreciation of the long-time relationships that PRC has enjoyed with its membership and constituency.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of SalesForce or other fundraising/CRM software
- Creative, self-starter; ability to work independently
- Organized and inspiring leader
ACCOUNTABILITY, LOCATION, APPLICATION SUBMISSION
The Director of Development is accountable to the Board of Directors and the Development Committee Chair.
The PRC is located in Cambridge Massachusetts. The Director of Development’s work location is flexible.
Applicants should send a cover letter, a résumé and a writing sample (1-2 pages) to Carol Parker, Development Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Part-time; days/hours to be negotiated. This is a contractor (Form 1099) position.